Monday, February 28, 2011

New Links, and a note about a popular Martial Arts Blog

I've added some links to the right on some blogs I have read and found both interesting and worthwhile. Please check them out and see what you think.

As I get the chance to do some more research, I will be adding even more to the list.  They are in no particular order, so check them out at your leisure.


A quick note about 24 Fighting Chickens: While I admit that I tend to disagree with many of the conclusions he makes, I must acknowledge that Rob Redmond is an intelligent and insightful individual with a unique perspective on martial arts. I suggest that any serious martial artist read his work, and form your own opinions on whether the conclusions he presents ring true to you or not.  I only point this out because undoubtedly there will be some of you that are surprised by what he has to say, and there may even be some of you who want to argue with him. Don't.  You only diminish yourself in doing so, and you aren't going to change his mind, anymore than you'll change mine. I didn't say don't disagree, mind you.  Feel free to disagree with him , with me, or with anyone, and don't feel bad about telling someone that you disagree, including me. I did say don't argue.  One is constructive, the other destructive.  Don't be destructive.  Instead open your mind to a different perspective, and let it renew your own faith in whatever Path you choose to follow.

Kick. Punch. Easy Stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kick. Punch. Easy Stuff.

    I was looking for some information on martial arts recently, when I came across your excellent blog.

    It was super helpful! It's very distinctive and interesting, which can guide my future training. Thank you.

    Anyway, I maintain a website about Karate: https://thekarateblog.com/

    It’s all about resources for karate enthusiasts. Our team is here to share karate spirit, practice tips, gear reviews by writing blogs.

    It might make a nice addition under the “RELEVANT LINKS (STUFF WORTH CHECKING OUT)” section of your page: http://kickpuncheasystuff.blogspot.com/

    Anyway, thanks again for all of the excellent resources. And have an awesome day!

    Cheers,
    Span Chen
    Founder of The Karate Blog

    ReplyDelete